- 2 Nephi 2:11 Opposition is a necessary part of the Plan of Salvation
- 2 Nephi 2:27 Some are caused by our own choices. The remedy is simple, repent. D&C 1:31-32
- D&C 122:7 Some things are done for our experience and good. No connection to any sin. The corrective action is different. D&C 121:7-8.
· See Richard G. Scott, “Trust in the Lord,” Ensign, Nov 1995, 16
- D&C 121:7, 122:8, 19:16-19, Acts 5:40-42.
- The Principle of the Stone. A very small stone that is held close to your eye blocks your vision of anything else. But move that stone further away, into proper perspective, and you see that it is actually really small. So it is with trials.
- D&C 59:21
- Regardless of our trials, with the abundance we have today, we would be ungrateful if we did not appreciate our blessings. Despite the obvious nature of the hardships the pioneers were experiencing, President Brigham Young talked about the significance of gratitude. He stated, “I do not know of any, excepting the unpardonable sin, that is greater than the sin of ingratitude.” Elder Quintin L. Cook, “Hope Ya Know, We Had a Hard Time,” Ensign, Nov 2008
Source of Relief
- Alma 7:11-12, D&C 68:6, D&C 122:9, D&C 14:7, Alma 50:22-23 (Mormon states it was the happiest time ever, right in the middle of the biggest and longest battle in recorded Nephite history to that point.)